About Soda Health
Soda Health is a healthcare technology company focused on building solutions which eliminate health inequities and create a healthier America. We provide a technology platform to administer benefits personalized to individual needs, delivered more cost-effectively. Our expertise in healthcare, retail and consumer experience provides us with the foundation for creating easy-to-use solutions with an experience which moves beyond transactional relationships to sustained engagement and overall health improvement. That is a win for everyone.
Working within an organization created at the intersection of health care, retail and financial technology, no two days will look the same.
Job at a Glance
You’ll be joining a small, yet mighty product team that’s in the throes of building our go-to-market MVP and interfacing directly with our Engineering team. In this role, you’ll be the point person for all things related to software product development and execution. You will become an expert about our product and continue to drive forward and iterate once we launch MVP.
Typical responsibilities of the role include:
- Research and define user stories, based on business requirements, to assist with development efforts
- Own, manage, and prioritize the product backlog
- Define requirements and scope for features while operating within typical constraints (e.g., time, resources, etc.) for Soda's clients, with user-centric focus
- Manage the product lifecycle and backlog for various features based on customer needs and Soda Health’s strategic vision
- Serve as Soda Health’s subject matter expert (SME) in your areas of ownership, and act as a key stakeholder for customer feedback, stakeholder questions and system troubleshooting
- Collaborate with Engineering teams during sprints to deliver solutions in an Agile manner, including acting as Scrum master
- Remove Product Development blockers, as they arise
- Lead product rollout tasks for major and minor deployments, assisting with user testing, defect logging, prioritization and resolution
- Define scaling-related processes within the Product and Engineering orgs, as needed
- Oversee communication with internal stakeholders, external partners and customers to ensure alignment on expectations, process, and timelines via stakeholder meetings and status updates
While every candidate brings a unique resume and perspective, an ideal candidate will include:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in product or Agile project management positions at a technology, healthcare, retail, and/or fintech setting; B2B2C experience is a plus
- Experience in a start-up and/or Agile development environment with familiarity using project management tools (e.g., Jira, Smartsheets)
- Knows how to effectively communicate and collaborate with an Engineering organization, having baseline understanding of how software is made
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills who can blend business strategy with knowledge of product and technology to develop and execute a product roadmap
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally to deliver results on-time and on-budget with delightful user experiences
- Self-starting builder who is results-oriented, can embrace ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to building a diverse culture that is highly collaborative, strives to set and achieve goals together and embraces transparency, innovation and accountability
- A clear passion for, if not experience in, addressing health inequities
- Ability and willingness to work in a combination of remote and in-office environment, with occasional travel; primary work location is flexible, however the team meets regularly in-person and has a physical office presence in Chicago, IL and Bentonville, AR
- Bachelor’s degree or similar experience strongly preferred
We’ll provide you with a competitive salary inclusive of a compelling compensation structure along with a meaningful equity opportunity. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k) plan. We have a philosophy of providing a generous paid time off benefit to help you balance your life.
Soda Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.